Wednesday, May 3, 2017

The Comfort of Secrets and Sweet Lake by Christine Nolfi

The Comfort of Secrets: A Sweet Lake NovelThe Comfort of Secrets: A Sweet Lake Novel by Christine Nolfi

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


The second novel in the Sweet Lake series is a hit in my estimation. I hope you will read it and agree. It is a book about romance, mystery, deception, learning, and grief. Sweet Lake is a place where one can fancy living in. Sounds almost like any small hometown in Ohio. New characters are introduced and are just as entertaining as the previous ones. The author has included the three childhood friends and while this one is based upon only one, there is insight into what is happening in the other two's lives. Again, the sirens are present. Don't know what or who the sirens are yet? You'll have to read this series to gain knowledge of them. The writing is excellent. The story is both entertaining and a bit sad. While the book wraps up this particular story, I can't wait until the next one appears.



View all my reviews


Here is my review of the first book in the series, Sweet Lake.

I borrowed this book from the library.  Imagine my surprise when I checked out my Ohio library and found a copy of this book days before it was published.  I immediately put it on hold.  Finding the author through events on Facebook, I read her Second Chance Grill and immediately fell in love with her writing.  While most would classify this as a romance, it is also belongs in Womens' fiction.  The story is isn't just a girl meets guy, girl falls in love with guy, something breaks them apart, and then they live happily ever after.  It is a novel of growth, love, some mystery, romance, and the unusual circle of women that one loves immediately.  One wants to live in the town.  Walk the streets, visit the inn.  Party with the Sirens.  You must read to see what the sirens are and see if you will be as delighted by them as I was.  It isn't a book to start at bedtime, because you won't want to put it down.

1 comment:

  1. Nice reviews Jeanne. I always think I will read more. I finish a book and then it's a while before I find another.

    Nice pic of Dave on the side bar.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete