Monday, October 1, 2012

Metalsmithing Class

Anita talked me into going to a metalsmithing class this Spring. It was at the Appalachian Rock Shop  in Harmony, Pa. Our instructor was Jo and there were a bunch of ladies and one gentleman in the class.  I learned quite a bit about sawing, filing, and soldering.  All things I never was interested in before.  I signed up for the Summer class, but after starting one project, I couldn't finish because of my muscle spasms in my neck.  I am supposed to have a Botox shot in that muscle in December so I am hoping I can return in the Spring to classes. 

Anniversary gift for Amy -
Tyler's crow design
First Project
 

Second Project - Cut pieces out and solder -
then form ring - don't stop portion




Arrow portion


Entire ring symbolizes - Don't stop, keep going

Third project Sterling silver ring -
Amy was given this too... 








2 comments:

  1. Wow!! This looks like a made for you art. I sure hope you will be able to continue in the spring. Your pieces are beautiful.

    Terry's headaches are caused by muscle spasms in his neck. So far muscle relaxers seem to help. It took a trip to the ER to find that out.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. I loved making the crow. That's my favorite. The techniques are fun, but I don't know if I am physically able to do the others. Hugs.

      Delete