Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thoughts On Discrimination

I posted this last night on Facebook, but I didn't want to lose it in the jokes and other things I frequently share.
 
I was sound asleep with CNN playing in the background. I woke up to a discussion about Conversion Therapy and the link that follows. I am appalled that in this century things like this still are happening. What is wrong with the human race? Are we still so homophobic that we can't accept people for who they are? Maybe we should brand sexual sadists, pimps, and prostitutes on the forehead. After all, they are accepted in society, because you can't tell what their sexual ...
needs are. Brand the girl that is a prostitute just so she can pay for her college education, the madam, or the Judge or Senator, etc...

When I worked as an HIV/AIDS Counselor and Educator, I met some of the best and loyal friends one could ever have. Yes, they were gay. Who cared? All I cared about was that the world was educated about HIV. They loved their partners just as much as I love my husband; maybe even more. One day, we all will be judged for how we lived here on earth. Do you really think a higher power will say, "Oh, you were homophobic, come on in? Or you were gay, you are doomed?" I think not!
One more thought...I think Jews would be the most tolerant just because of what they went through with the Holocaust.
 

2 comments:

  1. Well, you wonder if the phobia will EVER disappear. Its not like its a new thing...been around for centuries. Its just more open now and the G & L movement demand equality as the blacks did in the 60's. I am always upset when they talk about passing a law that you can't discriminate against gay people. Really. A law. Its their right for God's sake. Personally I think religion has everything to do with the discrimination. It's going to take a looong time for G&L to be accepted by everyone as equals. How Sad.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you completely. I just want equality for all. I think the injustice is getting worse with all the bullying.

      It is very sad.

      Hugs,
      Jeanne

      Delete