Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thoughts on Voting

Have you voted today?  I haven't yet, but soon.  Taken my shower and got dressed, but am waiting for the neck spasms to subside before I go out in the sunny, but cold Ohio weather. 

I haven't said who I am voting for because I have so many friends that disagree with my choice.  I wouldn't want to lose friends because of my political party.  That would hurt, because I need my friends, since I can't get out in the world much.

Following each of Chuck Lorre's sitcoms are his thoughts on many things.  I found that he censored himself on last Thursday's "Big Bang Theory."  I was surprised that anyone would censor themselves so I explored what are called Vanity Cards on the net.  I found the uncensored version and thought how interesting his words are.  I apologize in advance for the profanity, but believe what he says.

Here is the uncensored version:

CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #397

CENSORED BY ME

What does it say about us when we are simultaneously pro-life and pro AK-47's? What does it say about us when God's will would allow a rapist to ask for shared custody and child support payments? What does it say about us when a black guy's in charge and we say things like "it's time to take America back"? What does it say about us when we think the institution of marriage is threatened by gay people who love each other, but not by idiotic game shows like "The Bachelor"? What does it say about us when we export democracy with Hellfire missiles, then restrict the right to vote here? What does it say about us when we build nuclear submarines to defend against exploding vests? What does it say about us when we think a guy who doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, keeps his money offshore, stubs his toe and says "H-E-double hockey sticks" and wears magical underwear can feel our pain? What does it say about us when we demand less government and more FEMA? What does it say about us when we completely forgot the colossal shit storm we were in four years ago?
The answer, my friends, is not blowing in the wind.
The answer is, "We are fucking crazy."

All of his Vanity cards can be found here....http://www.chucklorre.com/index.php  You will be led to the censored version first.

If this truly offends anyone, I am sorry.  I think these are wise words. 

2 comments:

  1. Amen.
    Well, my friend. If you lose a "friend" because of your vote then they weren't a friend anyway.

    I'm a dem who worked for President Obama AND Joe Donnelly (have you heard of his opponent Murdock?) And I don't care HOW you voted. But I would have a lot to say if you DIDN'T vote.

    Terry is suffering from Cluster Headaches and headaches caused by muscle spasms that also cause a swelling at the base of his neck. Can he possibly be given ANOTHER perscription! His end table looks like a drug store. no so LOL.

    Much love
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sent you info about Terry...sorry you are going through this with him and hope he feels better soon.

      Thank you for still being my friend, although we are in the same camp. I believe we have created a stalemate with the election results. I don't have an answer on how to break it, but think maybe we should have a referendum that makes the Senate and Congress work for minimum wage if they can't get along. What do you think?

      Love and hugs to you...now, please write something on your blog...

      Delete